Phrases that are polysemic:
- How are you?
- Let’s do coffee?
- We should get lunch one of these days?
- We should hang out soon. (soon in general)
- Get ready for the meeting.
- Ready by end of the business day.
Words that are polysemic:
- Get (become, understand, procure, obtain)
- Mathematical words: mean, power, even, volume, root
Here are some examples of polysemous words and polysemic phrases:
- While John was in the garden, the doorbell rang.
- While your argument is correct, it is incomplete.
- I need to have the key replicated.
- The key issue with this presentation was not one of completion but lack of polish.
- Sally is a fantasy writer. She likes making up stories.
- Did you know that English speakers make up a huge percentage of the global population?